Remember when I wrote this?
When I wrote both those posts I had no idea that there was a company actually working on an eye cream that advertises squalane as a main active ingredient, so I was very surprised to find this under the new arrivals at Sephora. I take this as confirmation of my skincare instincts (also driven by experience see here).
In the product description on the Sephora website Biossance claims the following:
In a use test panel of 32 volunteers age 27 to 66 using the product twice a day for 21 days:
– 98% of women said that skin on the upper eye lid appears firmer
– 98% of women said that skin under the eye is smoother
– 97% of women said that the puffiness under their eye is visibly reduced
– 97% of women said that eye area appears more awake
– 97% of women said that signs of fatigue around the eye area are visibly reduced
– 97% of women said that eye area appears more rejuvenated
– 97% of women said that eye area appears younger looking
– 96% of women said that dark circles under the eye area are visibly reduced”
I can well believe these statements, reading on further, it seems to have really good other active ingredients. If you want the benefits of squalane along with main other effective ingredients, anti oxidant vitamin c and caffeine against puffiness this may be the product for you. Retailing at 54 USD for half an ounce, it is a little pricey. But it does also contain other good ingredients as well.
A cheaper, but nice effective version might be “my” cheap hyaluronic acid eye cream with the squalane and adding The Ordinary’s Caffeine Solution.