For many of us a nice proportion of the weekend is spent browsing stores and certainly many of my readers will be looking at beauty products.
A store known as TJ Maxx in the US and TK Maxx in Europe, offer fabulous deals on high end make up and skincare if you know how to get them. The company operates by buying up surplus inventory and bankruptcy inventory from other stores and then selling this on. They do not sell customer returned cosmetics and skincare.
I love the store, I regularly encounter great brands which are not found in retail stores in my country (Germany), these include Make Up For Ever, Nars, Ilamasqua, Cargo, Too Faced and other high end brands such as Shiseido, Christian Dior, Lancome, Elizabeth Arden, in skincare Ren, Tony Moly, Etude House, Philosophy and Sisley. TJ Maxx customers in the US have been known to pick up Kat von D.
Here’s how you get the best deals:
- Know your stuff . If you are relatively knew to the beauty world watch yourself some YouTube, get yourself some magazines and find out what brands and product are hot. If you don’t know what you are looking for, those overladen shelves, often in disarray can just be overwhelming.
- Don’t be bashful. I am the politest shopper and I don’t grab anything off anyone, but I am flexible and fast and swoop in on a product before the others do. There are plenty beauty savvy competitors at those shelves. Get in there!
- Be strategic and smart. Grab anything you find might be good and put it in your basket before someone else does. If you are unsure whether it is good product or whether you are getting a good deal, you can extract yourself from the beauty area and google the items on your smartphone. If you grabbed the wrong things you can always put them back.
- Check your products. There are some mean shoppers out there, ones who open stuff and stick their fingers in products, or who take things out and put them in the wrong containers. Check what is in the packaging (everyone does), or you could end up like me thinking you are getting a Too Faced lip liner and ending up with a shocking pink Ilamasqua lip gloss (not quite my color).
- Find out when they get new stock. Good stuff sells fast, find out what day they get new deliveries and be in store the following morning. (For people in Berlin: TK Maxx gets new stock on Thursday, enjoy!)
Then, go home and enjoy! I look forward to seeing your amazing hauls online. Now I’m off to play with my amazing TK Maxx haul from today including an awesome Cargo Palette.